Restorative Training – Restorative Class
Foundations of Restorative Training
Restorative yoga is a comprehensive practice used to support the nervous system and replenish the physical, emotional and energetic body. It is a practice of resting deeply and nourishing the whole being.
The Foundations of Restorative Yoga course is a series of 4, 6-hour days, with each day focused on a unique energetic aspect of the practice. Individual days is also offered as a separate course for those interested in one specific aspect of the restorative practice.
Full Training Registration
Day Trainings: See below
Day 1: CALMING AND RELEASING (October 16, 2021 – Register)
- Reducing Prana (Langhana Asana)
Forward Folds & Inversions
- Autonomic Nervous System and Stress
- The Layers of Being Model (Kosha)
Day 2: PROCESSING AND HEALING (October 17, 2021 – Register)
- Balancing Prana (Samana Asana)
Twists & Extensions
- Supporting the practitioner and holding space
- The benefits of props
- Considering Trauma
Day 3: ENLIVENING THE BODY AND SPIRIT (October 23, 2021 – Register)
- Increasing Prana (Bramhana Asana)
Backbends & Laterals
- Prana- how energy moves
- Polyvagal Theory and Vagal Tone
- Doshic considerations
Day 4: ACCESSING THE WISDOM OF SOURCE (October 24, 2021 – Register)
- Moving Beyond the Body and Mind
- Toward balance of our nature (Gunas)
- Conditions for productive practice
- Sequencing a practice
How the course is structured?
Each day is available to be taken individually or as a whole course for personal development, and to expand teaching skills. It is open to all passionate individuals who wish to develop the knowledge and skills to apply restorative yoga techniques for themselves and their students.
YA Certification Requirements
To receive this 30-hour Foundations of Restorative Yoga Certificate recognized by Yoga Alliance and their continuing education program, the requirements are as follows;
- Attend all live online modules together;
- Submit the course assignment within 6 months of the completion of the in-class portion*;
- Attendance and assignment approved by Kimberly Mantas.
Upon completion of all four workshops and your approved assignment, you will receive a 30-hours Foundations of Restorative Yoga certification. For registered yoga teachers this certification is valid for CEU’s with Yoga Alliance.
– 30-day restorative practice and log submitted and approved
– Documented personal practice delivered to two students
YACEP – 30 hrs continuing education credits
More details on the Beyond Yoga Website.
With the use of bolsters, blankets and other props the body is supported and able to ease where ease may have not been before. The transformative effects of restorative are limitless. The engagement of the relaxation response in the body has been proven to improve blood pressure, sugar levels, insomnia, digestion and many other functions of the body.
Remember to wear loose and comfortable clothes in layers…even socks are expected.
One speciality class per month
*Month purchases can be used from the 1st the last day of the Month.